(Photo of Croagh Patrick, Ireland) "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." (Psalm 145:18)
Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection

Introduction:

My photo
Current: Danbury, CT, United States
Welcome! A few years ago, I discovered an application that artists employ in their works to bring cultural awareness to their audiences. Having discerned this semiotic theory that applies to literature, music, art, film, and the media, I have devoted the blog, "Theory of Iconic Realism" to explore this theory. The link to the publisher of my book is below. If you or your university would like a copy of this book for your library or if you would like to review it for a scholarly journal, please contact the Edwin Mellen Press at the link listed below. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Announcements

I will present or have presented research on Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan) or my semiotic theory of iconic realism at the following location(s):

2023-2024: I will be researching and writing my third book on iconic realism.

April 2022: American Conference for Irish Studies, virtual event: (This paper did not discuss Sydney Owenson.) "It’s in the Air: James Joyce’s Demonstration of Cognitive Dissonance through Iconic Realism in His Novel, Ulysses"

October, 2021: Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT: "Sydney Owenson’s use of sociolinguistics and iconic realism to defend marginalized communities in 19th century Ireland"

March, 2021: Lenoir-Rhyne University, Hickory, North Carolina: "Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan): A Nineteenth Century Advocate for Positive Change through Creative Vision"

October, 2019: Elms College, Chicopee, Massachusetts: "A Declaration of Independence: Dissolving Sociolinguistic Borders in the Literature of Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan)"

10 August, 2023

Innovation: A Call to Action

An innovative idea is a call to action to make a difference in this world. A brilliant person once shared with me the significance of a single leaf used as a metaphor for the human condition. Since transformation originates from a single notion, I thought this little poem may contribute a genesis of consciousness.  

I took this photo in St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland.


One maple tree leaf in my garden
 
Be Leaf 
Here
remains the leaf
not insignificant
silent, 
well formed
turned over and over.
Suspended,
it resides 
in belief
sublime.

© Jeanne I. Lakatos